Saturday, November 11, 2017

Tablet Woven Edging

I joined several tablet weaving pages on Facebook and was doing some google research and came across some examples of tablet woven garment edging.  Historically speaking, the examples of this are for button holes and skirt edges to provide additional integrity to a garment, but I thought it looked cool and wanted to try it as a garment accent to a wool hood a friend made for me.  The same friend bravely volunteered one of her tunics for me to test the technique on and a fellow SCAdian in my kingdom named Anita gave me her classroom notes on tablet woven edging and they were INVALUABLE for this project.  I may post them a little later if I get her permission to do so.
This is a two-tablet edge I did on the neckline of my friend Stephanie's tunic.  It looks like a braided edge - I think it is pretty cool!

Here's what the final neckline looks like!  It gives the tunic a nice pop of color!


No comments:

Post a Comment