Saturday, November 11, 2017

Leg Armor Ties/Garters

I got a request to make some leg armor ties/garters for David, so I set about trying to make something easy, but cool that I won't cry when it needs replacing.  These ties will be used to mark his leg armor that is hidden by his pants for tournament purposes.  They can also be used to tie wickelbander/winningas which he may use them for too.  Black and white are his colors so I wanted to make something with that in mind, but that would also be very visible to people fighting him.  This is what I came up with - I'm pretty proud which how nice something simple and clean can look!
I used my small inkle loom to make this since my large loom had Colin's belt on it at the time.  These are made of the wool/silk blend yarn I use for all my "wool" projects.

Here's the finished product - nice and simple, but really quite pretty!  He was happy with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment