Monday, August 26, 2019

Apprenticing and Early Summer 2019 Projects

I've been very busy this summer, so I have been somewhat neglecting posting about each of the things I've done this summer.  I'm trying to include a lot of updates in one post, so please be patient with me!

First and foremost, I had my apprenticing ceremony in May.  I've been Meistara Reginleif's student for a year and we both agreed that we wanted to move forward with an formalized apprentice/laurel relationship. I was thrilled because I have a great respect for my laurel and have had a lot of fun trying new things to help make the work I do more authentic.  Here is a photo from my apprenticing ceremony (we sword oaths on an oath ring):



I also created this Snartemo II belt for my laurel as a thank you gift for taking me on as her apprentice:



I've also been busy creating tablet woven pieces for others!  Mistress Drifa was put on vigil to become a laurel and had her ceremony at An Tir West War while I was in Japan.  I wanted to contribute to her laureling garments because she helped me quite a bit when I first started tablet weaving - it felt appropriate to create something for her that would show her efforts were appreciated!  I created this unique purple/gold pattern that was sewn onto her underdress and apron panel:



Last, but certainly not least, I created a wire brocade piece for her Majesty Shaya's step down.  The piece went on her apron dress:






I'll be doing more sewing and weaving this fall as I start to plan new garments and my competition piece for Kingdom A&S!  More posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment